Ortleib Drink System
A lightweight alternative to plastic or aluminium bottles. The compact Ortleib drink system water bag features straps for fixing to a backpack, and is made of tear-resistant and watertight fabric. Food grade coating on the inside ensures safe transport of your water. Available in 3 versions: 2l, 4l and 10l. Can be easily fixed to your kayak upper deck bungees or to a branch or vehicle thanks to the two handles with buckles.
- Handy alternative to aluminum or plastic bottles or containers.
- Can be rolled or folded into a small package when not used.
- Can be used as pillow to sit on or for your head (fill with water or air).
- Can be used as diving buoy when filled with air.
- Only suitable for storage or transport of water.
- Note: Do not store water longer than required, do not fill with boiling water (maximum temperature 60 degree C / 140 degree F).
- Can be combined with outdoor hand filters for water purification (e.g. Katadyn, MSR).
- Supplied with the Ortlieb drinking tube.
- The 2l bag has a strap that can be worn around your waist or fixed to your kayak.
- The 4l & 10l bags have 2 handles with buckles e.g. for fixation to your kayak.
- Ortleib water bags come with a valve and dust cap.
The drinking tube transforms your Water Bag or Water Belt into a drink system. Simply remover the valve, insert tube into water container, screw valve back on. The tube is over 80cm long and features a lockable bite-valve and one screw cap. The tube features a valve inside the cap for pressure compensation inside the water bag and a mouthpiece that can be taken apart for hygienic cleaning.
For the second time our Advanced Elements kayaks (Sports Model) have travelled right across Australia from Perth in Western Australia to East Gippsland in the far East of Victoria, the Indian Ocean to the Pacific.
John Shipton kindly sent back a trip report back from a paddling trip to Croatia...