Advanced Elements Drop Stitch Floor
- Military spring-loaded valve.
- 4-6psi drop stitch construction.
- 1.7kg (AdvancedFrame/Sport)
- 2.6kg (Expedition & AirTraveller 2)
- 3.4kg (Convertible)
- Supplied with Advanced Elements pump adapter.
- AdvancedFrame/Sport: 170cm
- Expedition, AirTraveller 2, Lagoon2: 261cm
- Convertible: 305cm
Compare Backbone & DropStitch Floor:
+ve: Cheaper. Achieves a "v-shape" hull. Very rigid.
-ve: An extra component to fit when inflating. Needs to be aligned precisely.
+ve: Weight saving. Simple to fit. Durability. Less chance of damage than a regular floor due to over-inflation.-ve: Price. Can be bit hard on your bottom & heels. Does not achieve a "v-shape" hull. Extra adapter required for your pump (supplied with your floor).
John Shipton kindly sent back a trip report back from a paddling trip to Croatia...
Jasper Winn's new book "Water Ways - A thousand miles along Britain's canals" arrived this week!