Advanced Elements Drop Stitch Floor
- Military spring-loaded valve.
- 4-6psi drop stitch construction.
- 1.7kg (AdvancedFrame/Sport)
- 2.6kg (Expedition & AirTraveller 2)
- 3.4kg (Convertible)
- Supplied with Advanced Elements pump adapter.
- AdvancedFrame/Sport: 170cm
- Expedition, AirTraveller 2, Lagoon2: 261cm
- Convertible: 305cm
Compare Backbone & DropStitch Floor:
+ve: Cheaper. Achieves a "v-shape" hull. Very rigid.
-ve: An extra component to fit when inflating. Needs to be aligned precisely.
+ve: Weight saving. Simple to fit. Durability. Less chance of damage than a regular floor due to over-inflation.-ve: Price. Can be bit hard on your bottom & heels. Does not achieve a "v-shape" hull. Extra adapter required for your pump (supplied with your floor).
For the second time our Advanced Elements kayaks (Sports Model) have travelled right across Australia from Perth in Western Australia to East Gippsland in the far East of Victoria, the Indian Ocean to the Pacific.
John Shipton kindly sent back a trip report back from a paddling trip to Croatia...