What Should I Wear When Paddling?
Approximate stock arrival dates:
- AdvancedFrame Elite (red & blue).
- AdvancedFrame Convertible Elite kayak (blue) (1st batch for customers that have pre-ordered).
- AdvancedFrame (red).
- Island Voyage.
- Ultralight kayak.
- AdvancedFrame Expedition Elite (blue).
- AdvancedFrame Convertible (red).
- AdvancedFrame Convertible Elite kayak (red) (1st batch for customers that have pre-ordered).
- AdvancedFrame Convertible Elite kayak (blue) (2nd batch for customers that have pre-ordered).
- AdvancedFrame Ultralight.
- Airvolution 1 & Airvolution 2 (very limited stock).
How To Secure A Kayak
- Email or complete the enquiry form letting Nick at Vortex know the exact kayak model (& colour) you are interested in.
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your email. If you are a Gmail user, my email will be in your SPAM folder!
- Keep an eye on the website homepage for any changes/updates to the stock arrival dates. Please don't email for updates. They will be on the website.
- Once I have notification that stock arrival is imminent, I'll email you requesting you make a purchase to secure your order. If you want your kayak you will need to be prompt doing this.
- Stock availability & shipping dates very fluid at the momment. I will do my best to secure stock for your order - but I can't guarantee any stock or any shipping dates until I have kayaks & accessories here in the UK.
- When stock arrives I will have a lot of kayaks to ship out - so please be patient.
Q. What should I wear when paddling?
A. If you haven't kayaked before, it may be unclear as to what to wear.
Firstly, always wear a buoyancy jacket! It depends on the conditions you are paddling in, what time of year & how much you feel the cold, what you are comfortable in & what you are safe in.
I've paddled wearing:
- Normal outdoor clothes
- Swiming gear
- Waterproof over trousers / waterproof top
- Wet suit
- Dry suit
Importantly remember that if you need to dress for the water. Think about if you exited your kayak (ending up in the water) would you be able to get back in with what your are wearing & would it keep you warm in the water?