2 Part or 4 Part Paddle?
- Firstly decide if you want a 2 part or a 4 part paddle.
- Choose a 2 part paddle if space during transportation or storage is not an issue (2 part paddles take up more space in the car).
- Choose a 4 part paddle if you need a paddle that packs away, taking the minimum amount of space in the car or during storage.
Aluminium or Fibreglass Shaft?
- If on a budget, choose an aluminium shaft paddle, they are a little cheaper. They are very robust & are a good choice for a first paddle.
- If you are doing a lot of paddling out of season (when colder) a fibreglass shaft paddle is not so cold to hold.
- If distance paddling, a lighter, fibreglass shaft paddle is less tiring.
What About Paddle Length?
- All of the paddles Vortex sells are suitable for inflatable kayaks. I recommend a minimum paddle length of 220cm-230cm.
View Paddle Comparison Table (PDF format).