WindPaddle Adventure Sail New Model
The new (47") WindPaddle Adventure Sail is a flexible and forgiving sail made of 1/2 oz. rip-stop polyester "spinnaker" sailcloth supported by a virtually unbreakable perimeter batten. From recreational day touring, kayak fishing to expedition sea kayaking, the WindPaddle is your sail of choice.
- Target wind range: 6-30 knots.
- Latest model with full width "window".
- Deployed diameter: 119.4cm (47").
- Coiled/folded diameter: 42cm (16").
- Sail area: 1.42m2.
- Weight: 396g.
- Colours: Blue/White, Red/White & Yellow/White.
WindPaddle Review in Wavelength Magazine (January 2008) :
- "...The WindPaddle...solves many of the problems associated with kayak sails - the bulk, the hassles of foredeck storage, the overbig presence - in a unique way."
- "Because the WindPaddle's mast is made of flexible plastic, it has great tolerance for gusts...so you never lose control of the sail."
- "This is a sail that will last as long as its owner..."
WindPaddle Review in Playak.com (Sept 2008):
- "...Windpaddle is really quite innovative in its simplicity. You'll have it out of the pack and be on your way in just minutes. The Adventure model is lightweight, only about 13oz and comes rolled up into a 15 inch disc that you can easily stow on your deck. Fully deployed its 42" in diameter and tugs you along quite well. I still have a lot to learn about maneuvering a craft under sail, but I'm certainly inspired to take more time to learn how. One thing I did realize is that there is something wonderful about cruising silently along under the power of a warm summer breeze."...
Did you know that the RapidUp Sail fits the Packlite Kayak & along with the new Packlite Outer Cover makes the Packlite a great little kayak that takes up hardly any space and is perfect for gentle paddles.
The new Outer Cover For the Packlite Kayak is a piece price of kit! It provides the Packlite Kayak with a more enclosed cockpit, allowing a spray skirt to be fitted, increasing paddler comfort. The attached skeg increases performance & efficiency...
Jasper Winn will be paddling an Advanced Elements Airfusion Elite kayak on the new Canoe Trail that runs across the north of England from coast to coast - using the Leeds and Liverpool canal and the Aire and Calder canal to cover 150 miles.